“No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.”
Trying to change how people see and interact with you is no easy task. Being honest, to change your image and personality will not happen overnight, this requires you to dedicate time a willingness to change and a real belief in who want to become.
There are many tips to change your personality and image that you can simply follow.
In this article, I will explore how you can find a new you and how you change your personality and how what you say about yourself in public affects how people see you.
Changing your personality and personality completely requires honest reflection about your ideal self and current weaknesses
What do you tell people about yourself? Have you ever thought about how what you say about yourself transmits intimate knowledge to others?
- “I never get anything done”
- “I’m so disappointed with my career”
- “I wish I was a better parent?”
The reality is that when you say less-than-positive things about yourself to others, you create an inaccurate image of you in their minds.
Finding an entirely “new” you can be incredibly challenging if you think your life is currently on the wrong path, a drastic amount of positive change might be the best thing for you.
Changing yourself completely requires honest reflection about your ideal self and current weaknesses
Consider the following:
What kind of person are you? How would you describe yourself?
Figure out if this is what you want. As simple as that, ask yourself, “Do I want to make this change.” And more importantly, “What is the driving force?” Why change your personality and image” Whats wrong with how you see yourself?”.
Your personality will not change overnight, it will take time, effort and a great amount of soul-searching.
In order to make such a drastic change, you need to be sure that you truly desire it.
Think about every aspect of your life and if you’re willing to change them.
- Evaluate the direction of your life.
- Understand that the activities of your life might have to change.
- Be realistic about what it will take to get the consequences you desire.
- If you don’t honestly believe you can to change all of these things, you’re setting yourself up for failure.
Figure out if it is possible?
So, you have decided that you want to change, you need to find out if you can change. Sit down and decide if you have everything you need to make a serious life change.
You need the ability to change plus
- the tools to change.
- time to change.
- You need the right support to change.
- And the desire to change your personality and image- it comes from within.
List your positive personal qualities.
What are the very best things about you? Spend some time looking at your actions.
- Maybe you consider the needs of others over your own.
- Perhaps you’re a very giving person.
- You might see yourself as patient, kind, confident, or “devil-may-care.”
- You could be a pioneer of sorts—you’re never afraid to try something new.
- Do you step up to help an elderly neighbour anytime she needs it?
- Are you an “idea” person at work where others look to you to problem-solve a situation?
What are your motives related to your personal choices?
Why do you think it’s important to (fill-in-the-blank)?” Ponder what motivates you to complete a task, stay in shape, and whatever else you came up with related to your positive qualities.
So, if you tend to put yourself down, what compels you to do so? Are you trying to be humble? Do you encourage others to have a negative picture of you?
List the negative comments you make to others about yourself.
Include all of them—“I’m so fat” or “I can’t seem to find time to clean the house” or “Nobody at work ever notices what I do.” For each comment, allow time to jot down specifically why you believe you say these things.
- For example, for the “I’m so fat” comment, rather than saying “Because I am” as your reason why you say it, troubleshoot the situation. What specifically makes you feel you’re fat?
- Your reasoning could look something like, “Because I’m 20 pounds overweight, according to the weight charts” or “because I’m wearing a size 38 pants instead of 34 like I used to wear.”
- The goal here is to determine the underlying reasons you make these statements. By becoming aware of your reasons, you’ll put yourself on the path to raising your opinion of yourself.
Do you want to change something about yourself?
If so, what could you do?
You could decide to change your actions if you want to change your results. Make a plan with achievable steps to your goal this will help you to change your personality and image and give you focus on your actions as this will give a different outcome if you stay with it!
The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results.
It’s a book that reveals the surprisingly simple truth behind extraordinary results. I found it a fantastic read and it just made it so simple for me to understand how I could apply myself to making those changes that I personally wanted to make.
The book covers a whole a wide area for things to do but it’s all about focus and eliminating distractions. – People also call it the 80/20.
In the book, Gary looks at:
- THE 80/20 PRINCIPLE
- THE MYTH OF MULTI-TASKING AND BALANCE
- HOW QUESTIONS SHAPE YOUR LIFE
- FOCUSING ON WHAT MATTERS
- DOING MY MORNING RITUAL
- WHAT’S MY OUTCOME?
You can accept the way you are without any more negative statements or you can endeavour to change whatever it is that brings about your comments. If you decide to make a few changes, start now to work toward those goals and have confidence in your ability to change your personality and image.
Your conversations will reveal you’re new, more positive outlook!
Become the person you want to be by refusing to say anything negative about yourself to others. Share positive experiences with zeal without overdoing it. Through what you say to others, you can re-shape what they (and you) think of you.
You’ll discover more happiness, experience more self-respect, and become more comfortable with the incredible person you are!